Sunday, January 5, 2014

Making it in the Art World...whatever floats or is it?

Last week I heard stories of how some artists made it, Family money promotion, Sugar Daddy, the one lucky benefactor, etc.

Whatever....

I think the key to the whole shabang is the Journey there.
The ups and downs of making it.
The want, the burning desire, the intention of trying and doing, the excitement of running into the right connections DOING the WORK.

The Struggle

The REAL story

Not the fabricated one....

My friends that's what it's all about.




Little side-note:
I have been artwork since I was four drawing on the back of Panty Hose Cardboard from the panty hose packets my Grandmother would give me to do art and my family in Germany would send me the coolest paint supplies like Pelikan etc.  To me it was too good to be true to be allowed to do art...I hated math and pretty just wanted to do art all the time. I knew I what I wanted to do since I was a kid and where I want to go....
May your dreams come into fruition too!

No comments:

Post a Comment